Comprehensive Guide Self Managed Super Funds (SMSFs)
By Greg Suefong financial services consultant for private clients, advisers and accountants.
This guide covers the basics of Self-Managed Super Funds (SMSFs) or as they’re known by some, do-it-yourself super funds (DIY super). There can be a lot of potential to reap big rewards with SMSFs but there are a lot of pitfalls too, you can easily avoid these if you know what your doing and get the right advice.
This guide provides some keys steps to helping Australian investors understand SMSFs including, what SMSFs are, how SMSFs work, how to setup a SMSF and what types of investment strategies are available with an SMSF.
- SMSFs Overview
- What Is A SMSF?
- Why Do People Setup A Self Managed Super Fund?
- How to Setup an SMSF
- How Do You Run A SMSF?
- SMSF Trustee Rules & Responsibilities
- SMSF Investment Strategies
- Borrowing Rules for a SMSF
- Buying Property with a SMSF Rules
- Case study - Comparison of buyng property in Super
- How do franking credits from shares reduce tax in a SMSF
- Guide on NRAS Property for SMSF's
- How much does it cost to run a SMSF?
- How To Manage Your Own Super Fund Education Video (free access)
Disclaimer: The information provided within this guide is general information only and provided as a guide on self managed super. This information is not legal or financial advice and you should obtain professional legal, financial and taxation advice before setting up or considering a SMSF. My Money Calculator excludes all liability for any losses suffered by you as a result of your reliance on the information contained in this guide.